If you’ve got a great idea for a story, but you keep getting sidelined by plot concerns, writing challenges, or a lack of motivation, project-based consulting might be for you.
Who it’s for:
Any writer in the midst of the drafting process who would like outside support as they write.
What it is:
Putting together a book can be daunting, especially if you’ve never done it before. If you’ve got an idea or a draft, but you’d like a little bit of hands-on support as you write, this package will provide that support, and more. We’ll work together to keep your story fresh, your language clear, and your writing process on point with this subscription-based service.
What it isn’t:
A ghostwriting service. I’ll be at your side every step of the way, but I won’t write the book for you.
How it works:
- This consultation package starts with a free initial introduction session. We’ll sit down for thirty minutes so you have an opportunity to tell me about your project and we can determine whether our creative approaches will be a good fit.
- If we decide to work together, I’ll get caught up on what you’ve worked on up to this point. I’ll read up to 30,000 words and provide you with a developmental or line edit, whichever is more appropriate for your situation.
- Ongoing consultation: I’ll be available to consult with you for up to four hours per thirty day period. I’ll also provide line or developmental edits for new material, up to 30,000 words per thirty day period. (This package will provide editorial support for writers producing up to 1,000 words of content per day.)
What you’ll get:
- Respectful, well-intentioned delivery of my thoughts and constructive criticism. Writing is hard work, and I’m not going to make it harder by being mean. (See my no-tears philosophy here.)
- A free thirty-minute introductory session.
- Up to four hours of consulting per month via video, phone, or chat to discuss my responses, my feedback, or, really, anything you want.
- An initial developmental edit or line edit of up to 30,000 words. If your project is currently longer than 30,000 words, I’ll apply my standard editing rates to the overage at the beginning of the project.
- Editorial support for up to 30,000 words per month.
- Project planning and management support. We’ll come up with an approach and a schedule that works for you.
- Unlimited email communication and advice. I promise to respond to all questions within 48 hours, if not sooner.
- My patented deadline-awareness service. You tell me when you want to achieve your writing milestones, and I’ll bug you if you don’t meet them. Instant accountability!
$525.00 for the first 30-day period, $299.00 for each consecutively-scheduled month thereafter.