If you’ve ever:
- gotten snagged on a plot event while writing fiction,
- been overwhelmed by organizing material or information for a project,
- or encountered another roadblock in your writing,
the lack of progress can be frustrating. Sometimes, a little outside input can go a long way towards getting you back on track.
Issue-based consulting might be the solution.
Who it’s for:
Any writer in the midst of the drafting process who has encountered a hurdle.
What it is:
I’ll review your material or project and sit down with you to help you figure out where to go next. Whether you’re trying to organize your book or you got your characters stuck in a Russian gulag with no means of escaping, I’ll help you solve your problem and get you back on track.
I’m also happy to look at your unfinished project to let you know if you’re on track with narrative style, plot, character development, or audience appeal–any one-off question is fine by me!
What it isn’t:
A full critique or edit of your finished work. That can be found here. This package includes no in-text feedback–all information is conveyed during our scheduled consultation.
How it works:
- You fill me in on your project or your concern via email. I’ll read up to 20,000 words of an unfinished project for background information, if necessary.
- We schedule a consultation time and talk about your problem or concern. I’ll record the call.
- I’ll be available for up to three rounds of email followup.
What you’ll get:
- Respectful, well-intentioned delivery of my thoughts and constructive criticism. Writing is hard work, and I’m not going to make it harder by being mean. (See my no-tears philosophy here.)
- One hour of consulting via video, phone, or chat to discuss my responses, my feedback, or, really, anything you want.
- Up to three rounds of email communication for follow up questions or concerns.
$99.00 per session.