Have a story idea or outline? Want to make sure it works before investing hours of your life into writing a book?
If so, the idea checker is the way to go.
Who it’s for:
Any writer with a story idea looking for a professional’s opinion on their concept before jumping in.
What it is:
A review of your story or idea. I’ll look at up to two pages of description of your concept, write up a page of my thoughts, and discuss my suggestions and concerns with you during an hour-long consultation.
What it isn’t:
A full critique of your finished work. That can be found here.
How it works:
- You send me 1-2 pages of story description or outline.
- I’ll review your concept and write up a response.
- After you receive my response, we schedule a time to talk for one hour, via skype, the phone, google hangout, or passenger pigeon.
- You go forth and write an amazing story.
What you’ll get:
- Respectful, well-intentioned delivery of my thoughts and constructive criticism. Writing is hard work, and I’m not going to make it harder by being mean. (See my no-tears philosophy here.)
- One single-spaced page of my professional feedback on your story.
- One hour of consulting via video, phone, or chat to discuss my responses, my feedback, or, really, anything you want.
- Up to three rounds of email communication for follow up questions or concerns.